Continuing with the movie theme, we went to see this film the other day. Actually I wanted to go see ‘The Longest Yard’, an Adam Sandler movie, but was outnumbered 2 to 1 :/ anyway I wanted to see this one too, so no worries.
We were pretty shocked to discover that on a Monday night the 10.10pm showing had sold out, but there were two more at 10.40 and 11, so we went for a beer then came back at 11 (see, big cities have stuff to do at reasonable times). Christian Bale was a legend, again, and the film was pretty wicked, I recommend you go see!
I’ve actually seen a whole bunch of movies recently, some good, some bad, and some just plain weird. Some good ones were:
- Sin City – awesome comic style film, if not a little gruesome at times, with loads of famous people in it
- Star Wars Episode III – just because it’s Star Wars, but actually a little rushed for the amount they have to fit into the film…
- Batman Begins – duh
- City of God – Can’t believe I didn’t see this film ’til now, very powerful
- Fulltime Killer – Hong Kong cinema at its best :)
- El Mariachi – a Rodriguez classic, predecessor of Desperado, and the film that made him famous
- Paycheck – starts off good but is ruined by horrible direction, I actually got more angry with this film the longer it went on :)
- Kamikaze Taxi – don’t waste the 2 hours 50 minutes of your life on this, the case promises all action but instead you get this weird half Peruvian guy talking shit for half the movie
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – was expecting great things from this movie but the people behind Love Actually et al don’t make the conversion from romantic comedy to, well, any other genre happen
- Y Tu Mama Tambien – Have wanted to see this movie for a while, eventually watched it last weekend, it was actually pretty cool but the sexual content of the movie is pretty, well, open…
- As Good As It Gets – ok I saw this before, and it’s also good, but I think it should go here :)
I’m sure there’s a couple others that I’m forgetting but I’ll have to add them another time (yay).